Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reflections...

A girl is sitting lonely next to a pond in her home’s backyard. She is confused about her feelings about a guy, she can't share it with friends, 'coz, she is still not sure and doesn't want to tell her feelings to her family either, ‘coz, they might not help, but, actually complicate the matter. So, she remembered "Nature is the best teacher" and so decided to take Nature’s help!!

She first plucked a very beautiful and rare Lily flower (called lily wood) and started plucking petal one by one saying,

I love him
I love him NOT
I love him
I love him NOT
I love him
I love him NOT!!!!!!!

So, the nature’s first answer was NO. Then she thought, “Oh! I am so foolish! This flower had 6 petals, even number!! So, it had to come NO.” She thought I should try again with something else. Their beautiful garden and lilies and…..sunflowers! She now plucks out a sunflower. She starts again plucking petals one by one.

I love him………...1
I love him NOT….2
..............
I love him………...33
I love him NOT…..34

Again ends on No, this one had 34 petals, again even number. Then she recollected when she was taught Fibonacci series, 34 was a Fibonacci number and Fibonacci numbers are preferred by nature.

She thought “I won’t get an answer like this”, and sits next to the pond wondering what to do and starts throwing pebbles in the pond creating ripples. Few minutes later, she hears a voice, the ripples on the pond's surface were creating amazing interference patterns, looked almost unreal. She was thinking when did I throw the last pebble? Not understanding why the ripples are still not settling. As the surface calmed, she saw in the pond a reflection of a guy sitting next to her. He was the guy she loved(or felt that she loved but was confused). He whispered to her, “ Why do you ask questions when you know the answer”. She replied, ”I just want my prayer to be answered, I just want to know whether my feelings are true, so, I tried to ask Nature”. The guy in reflection says,” We never have unanswered prayers but if we have one it’s because either you already know the answer or you still not ready for it. I'll give you the answer you are looking for and gives her a Red ROSE and says go ahead Count.” She starts…”yes no yes no yessssss”(Roses generally have 5 petals again a Fibonacci number). She was so happy, she started saying, “Yes I love him”.

The girl wanted to shout, but, that woke her up. She realized, that, she was sitting at the side of the pond for hours. The pond water was calm, no ripples and there was no one around her. Again sitting lonely on the side of the pond, she thought,” We look for answers in and around the world, but, when the true answer is right within us!” But, then, she thought, it was after all just a dream, can it be true???

The girl was remembering this years later, when she was sitting by the same pond, and she was thinking, how much she used to worry. She again saw that guys reflection next to her, the guy she loved(or felt that she loved but was confused). But, this time, he was there for REAL. :)

10 comments:

minty said...

i like it...well written..developed a random thought really well, good work!! i lik the last part..nice!!

Unknown said...

Err:

Their beautiful garden and lilies and…..sunflowers!

right:

Their beautiful garden had lilies and…..sunflowers!

Unknown said...

@minty: thanks...this would not have been possible without a gud friend of mine ;) :)

minty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BigBen said...

well written..
kown hai woh ladki ? :P

Unknown said...

@BigBen:
All characters in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to any charcter living/dead is purely co-incidental and unintentional :)

makhau said...

too good yaar...i love this one...spcly the fibonacci funda :)

Unknown said...

Well written...One day, He has to answer all your prayers dude !!! :)

Archie said...

nice one !!!

desdemonasi said...

wow..........truely fantastic!!!!!!
carry onnn!!!