Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where Machines Dare........

Life in IIT was great, but then I found a purpose, something of interest in life, people call it ROBOTICS.....Its imparting life to machines. Though, I had done basic robotics tutorials in IIT, the interest rose exponentially, when I made one. I got a way to explore my creative side, when in IIT I entered KRAIG (Kharagpur Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Group), I found it really interesting, I awaited its classes a lot, finally when once in KRAIG Winter workshop I felt, while I was coding for my bot at morning 4am, that, if things workout and I get good results, then, I would be really happy to do this in my life as a passion and as a career. It was, then that I took robotics seriously and wanted a really good challenging task and there came the Grid Navigator (see http://www.robotixiitkgp.org/events.php?page=gn). I found it challenging enough to give it a try, though, I thought on correct lines and worked on it, I realised, that though theoretically my base was strong, but, I lacked practical information. KRAIG had done its job, but, I failed myself!!! I had worked hard really hard for it, I presented the bot really well before the judge, but it was not yet good enough for the competition....Finally, I realized may be I underestimated the Grid Navigator or was expecting very high of myself, but I told myself  "If hard work and skill, work together, I will surely get a masterpiece,". I had just Hard work..was not yet skillful enough, I decided to quit it after giving all that I had (literally). I told my mom, that, "I have never done anything in my life, with this much dedication, nothing not even IIT-JEE could make me work as hard as this bot, not my board exams could make me work as hard as this bot,then, why did I fail in this when I had cleared the other? If I did meditation with that much dedication I would have got enlightenment by now, but, why did this bot fail me," my mom told me, "May be God has a bigger plan for you and believe me your time will come! He sees it all he'll reward your hard work".........A tear trickled down my cheek as I sat in my balcony shattered, but, God had a plan!! Feeling lost I just lied on my bed and there in the V-4 auditorium of IIT I was awarded the BEST ALGORITHM prize for Grid Navigator. Unaware of my victory, I slept in peace. I realized of this a day later. I thought of a dialogue from the movie Baazigar: "Jo har ke bhi jeet ta hai, woh hi baazigar keh lata hai." I thanked God for giving me KRAIG, ROBOTIX, and Grid Navigator. My work was rewarded. This Grid Navigator taught me 1000 lessons as my friends say, "Jeet mein koi sabak nahi, haar mein hazar sabak hote hai". This failure taught has me a lot.

5 comments:

Soumil said...

All I can say is that : I am truely inspired by you !!! Keep rocking !!!

Anonymous said...

hey....nice post decpicting your true feelings

Mystique Wanderer said...

Hey Nur !!!
I dont lik 2 b inspired frm others.
I think God has blessed evrybody with same gifts n talents...
But many times u hav made me to think U r different...an exception to my belief.

I'll just say U tht.......
Climb Every Mountain,
Ford Every Stream,
Follow Every rainbow,
Till You Find Your Dream.

All the best for ur life....keep njoying n keep rocking.

aks said...

very much inspiring.

desdemonasi said...

@wwwwwwwww$me dude. . . . . .! m$t $@y tht ur very luckyyyyyyy 2 have a mum like tht!!!!!!!!!!

thnXxX 4 being my !N$P!R@T!0N n M0T!V@T!0N!!!!!!!!!;)